MY WONDERFUL FOLLOWERS

Monday, January 10, 2011

First Card of the Year!!!!

Will here it is my first card of 2011!!
StampTV was having their New Release Party and one of the challenges was a color challenge, The colors to use was Kraft. and along with that, Chocolate Brown and Turquoise Sea.
I started with Kraft colored background and stamped it with Gina K stamps and embossed it with a Turquoise embossing powder. I die cut out my scalloped circle,circle and oval cookie cuter nesting, fancy tags from spellbinders. I stamped my owl, my message and my background with VersaMark watermark stamp pad. I went a little bit out of my comfort zone, this is the first time I made a card with two backgrounds!! I guess I was afraid it wouldn't look right, but I thought it turned out alright. I finished embossing my card, colored my owl, added my bow and added an embellishment that I just got from Stamp'n Up.
Hop you like it !!
I am entering this card in the following challenges 
Stampin' Sisters in Christ
StampTV
Mark's Finest Papers
Paper Sundaes
Quirky Crafts

Catered Crop
Joan's Gardens

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow, diggin' all that turquoise embossing. Your accents are gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with Catered Crop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour combo, I love the turquoise & brown together. Love the die cut for the sentiment too! Thanks for playing along in Paper Sundaes "circle" challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the colors. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card - thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends (and also in my STV color challenge!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely first card of the year! Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts New Beginnings' Challenge. Don't forget to come back on Friday to vote for your favourite card, and get all your Blogging friends to vote for you too!!

    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This is so pretty! I never would have thought of these colors and they are really wow together! Love your owl image! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog and for joining us at STampin Sisters in Christ!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is SO sweet. I just love what you did with those pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What do I like well I really like the colors. I like the paper you created and used and the framing for the sentiment and I like the owl. Very pretty card. Thank you for coming alongside Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the use of the fancy tag!

    Thanks so much for playing along in our Paper Sundaes challenge this week!

    ♥ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours are fabulous, it's a very pretty card.

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete