MY WONDERFUL FOLLOWERS

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to everyone!!!! I know I'm a little bit late, better now then never! : )
Sorry It took so long to get back to blogging. I have been real busy making my Christmas gifts for my friends that I bowl with. I thought I would share what I made with you!




My friend Kay loves penguins, and that's what she got! I first painted my penguins on the Christmas bulbs and then filled the color in with flock. This was the first time I used flock and I really like the affect it left after the glue dried. I used Liquid Applique` for my snow and embossed the slide that the 4 penguins was riding. 
My friend Cathy collects dolphins so I painted for her dolphins on the bulbs. I used glass opaque paints. I really love to paint, but I have to say Watercolors are my favorite medium!

















For my other two friends, Thomas and Wayne, I painted NC lighthouses on Christmas bulbs! They are my favorite to paint! I fill the bulb with a little sand from the NC 's coast, and add some seashells, a baby star fish and a shark's tooth that we find in the sand at Topsail Inland.



Well, I hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas! I sure did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment